Thursday, July 18, 2013

Runway Hats

Balenciaga Resort 2014

Balenciaga Resort 2014

Chanel Fall 2013 Couture

Jean Paul Gaultier Fall 2013 Couture

Jean Paul Gaultier Fall 2013 Couture

Ralph Lauren Resort 2014

Armani Fall 2013 RTW

Hats have been showing up on the runway in the strangest ways. I remember when I was looking at Balenciaga's Resort 2014 collection, I was questioning them. And I still am. This made me look more into hats and see how other designers have designed them. Many designers chose not to have hats, and that made me happy because I am not a hat person. While I looked through, I saw strange hats. Chanel's square shaped hats rested on the back of the head, not on the top. Ralph Lauren had swim-cap-like hats. I really hope that people do not wear those in public. Jean Paul Gaultier had cone shaped hats. If you are like me, then when/if you saw the entire collection, then the first thing you probably saw were the hats. Just like Balenciaga, the hats for Jean Paul Gaultier also had me questioning. Armani's fur hats are understandable, but they could have been smaller in size... Now, if you are a member of the Royal Family or are associated with them, then I could understand as to why you would wear these hats. But otherwise... What do you think about them, and would you like to  continue to see them on the runway?

Also, follow my blog on Bloglovin! 

No comments:

Post a Comment