Friday, June 28, 2013

Who REALLY Was Best Dressed At the Met Gala?





Now, as I am a subscriber to Teen Vogue, I recently got my August issue in the mail. One of the features was about the Met Gala and it showed many pictures of the best dressed there. Though the Met Gala happened in May, and I had already seen the red carpet pictures, this article got me thinking again...Who was best dressed at the Met Gala? So, I had to go through all the articles and pictures from way back in May, and looked through many of them. Now, with the whole theme of Punk: From Chaos to Couture, we were already expecting a bunch of studs, leather, and black. And although I could not pick one (because I fell in love with both of these outfits), I did pick two, that I think were the best dressed at the Met Gala: Taylor Swift and Cara Delevingne.
Taylor wore a cut-out dress by J. Mendel. I really loved what Taylor was wearing because it fit the theme, but it was so elegant. Same thing with Cara. Taylor had gold studded shoulder on the dress (I'm obsessed), and a long black dress. The cut-outs gave the dress its edgy feel. And her pulled back hair and smoky eyes, finished the look off. She looked stunning.
Cara wore a black, studded gown by Burberry. The top portion of the dress was a low v-neck, and was studded. The rest of the dress was plain black and went all the way to the floor. I really love the studs on the dress, because studs are in right now, but also because they give the dress this edgy feel, and that's what the theme was for this year's Met Gala. Her hair and makeup were perfect, and she even added some sharp accessories, such as a dagger-like necklace, and cuffed earrings. Cara also looked stunning.
Who knew I'd be going back to look at the style on the red carpet for the Met Gala in the end of June? Thanks, Teen Vogue. Underneath are some of my other favorite looks from this years Met Gala.




No comments:

Post a Comment